Monday, July 5, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

I can say with an open and honest heart that I, Laura Watson, am without a doubt, the worst decision maker of all time! I'm serious....I can't do it....I cannot make quick decisions. I "think" and "think" and "think" until it is pretty much ridiculous that I am even "thinking" anymore. I will keep myself up at night, mind racing, on something as silly as, "Am I sure I liked that dress in red? Or should I have gotten it in silver instead?" Yes, unfortunately that is me! So there is my confession!!!!

FINALLY.....after MONTHS of guitar searching....I can finally say it has come to an end....and isn't it just lovely???? (And yes, I have told it how pretty it is a lot today!)

It did make me stop and think why I am such a bad decision maker. I don't do that with everything, just the big things...things we spend a pretty penny for....things that we want to keep for a long time. There is a song that I love that has a verse I sing to Josh all the time. "We never get ahead, but we have enough." That's us! Plain and simple! And while sometimes that is tough, living within those constraints, it definitely teaches me daily about humility. I don't take for granted my new guitar, the car in the driveway that may not be new, but is paid off, my cell phone that for sure is behind on the times with technology....but WORKS =), or any of the other luxuries this life gives us. God continues to bless me beyond what I need or even deserve! And today.....he blessed me with a beautiful Alvarez guitar!

It is amazing the amount of pressure I feel at the moment....no turning back....no excuses....time to learn to play it well!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment