Saturday, September 17, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

Warrior Dash was by far the hardest, yet coolest thing I have ever done.  It was is a 5k with obstacles.  The obstacles were great and lots of fun.  I accomplished all of them......jumping over hay piles, old junk cars, tires, over and under walls and barbwire, 3 different climbing walls, cargo net climb, sliding down poles, jumping over fire, and crawling through a mud pit under barbwire!  It was actually the running that was the most difficult for me.  I am not used to running on dirt, bumpy ground, gravel, and grass.  It was very challenging for me and made me slow, slow.  Thankfully, Josh and I did this together so he kept pace with me the whole time.  I know he would have loved to smoke it and see how well he could do, but I'm thankful he stayed with me and helped push me along!  I earned my first medal.....but the coolest part was definitely the hat!!!!

Before......


After.....


All cleaned up (as best as we could)......


You could donate your shoes to people in need!  That's a big shoe pile!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment