Monday, January 26, 2009

Doctor's Appointment...

Well, today was a big and exhausting day.  It started with an ultrasound at 11:30, revealing that the baby is very low  (FYI....I am trying to keep with as little details as possible without it classifying as "TMI").  But the ultrasound tech was so wonderful.  She was nice...which is a first for me....and she even did a 3D ultrasound for free since I was her last patient before lunch.  So I got to really see his sweet face, well the part of it that his hand wasn't covering.  He would not move it for anything (Great...another stubborn boy).  We got a "great" picture of his hand.  Anyway...the doctors visit went well.  I am officially on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy, but there has not been anymore effacing or dilation since last week.  So that is a major PRAISE to the Lord.  I thank you for everyone that has been praying for me and this little man.  I am on a week by week basis and on strict orders to only take care of Baker this week and do nothing else.  I did have to go over to the hospital for an hour for monitoring again and had to get a steroid shot.  This is the help  boost lung development for the baby in case he does come early.  It hurt worse than my labor and delivery with Baker...literally...but obviously was over quickly!  I should be used to all this poking by now!  I have another ultrasound and apt next Tuesday, so I will keep everyone posted.  You can continue praying that this little guy stays comfortable and happy for a few more weeks at least, and that my time with Baker at home is blessed, rewarding, and not too straining.  I can honestly say that I have been very at peace with the situation, and I truly know that that is because the Lord is the creator, the potter, and he is forming this blessing.  When he is finished, he will arrive, and I will treasure him every day that the Lord allows me to raise this baby.  I KNOW that the Lord is still busy up there, b/c he has yet to tell me what to name him. =)

2 comments:

  1. WOW Laura! I'm glad everything looks good amidst all these labor signs. I would love to bring yall a meal or watch Baker one day! Pls don't hesitate if you get worn out, I remember being on bedrest AFTER Tate. Crazy! So I want to do this for you...I'll call you soon. Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! We're praying for you and little baby Watson and glad to hear the update that he's hanging in there well! I know bedrest can be really hard, so we'll be praying for you too. Wish I could come over and help you out for a few days... but it's a little far! :)

    ReplyDelete