Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Moving Forward...

2008
2009
2009
I can close my eyes and remember it like it was yesterday. I was sitting in my Papa's church, somewhat listening to the sermon, with a heavy heart. I had been praying for a while that I would find a bible study to be a part of. Feeling the ache of needing that closeness and consistency in my life, I began praying, yet again, that prayer in church that day. There are very few times that I have literally heard the Lord speak to me. And you can bet that those very few times are crystal clear pictures in my memory. As I sat there in church, those words flooding my heart, I heard the Lord say......"So start one, Laura." I remember being completely taken back, reacting first by saying...."No Lord, I'm not a leader, I can't do that." Over the next several days, I continued to hear those words. The fear began to melt and excitement moved in.

Four years ago the Lord spoke those words to me! Four years ago a bible study formed in my home! Last night, we had our last bible study in this house! When the girls left, a little bit of sadness filled my heart. The Lord has blessed us so richly as a study over the years. We have grown, changed, struggled, conquered, lived life.....together as a group of devoted women within these walls. So in a few weeks, we will say goodbye to this house....but we will cherish its memories and the blessings it has brought to us. We move forward! I can't wait to see where the Lord takes us....both my family and bible study....over the next four years!

No comments:

Post a Comment