Monday, April 13, 2009

I think the word is ..... surviving!






Today's thoughts.....
*Will I ever be able to shower again?
*Do I even care?
*Will I ever get out of my pajamas?
*Will I ever get out of the house again?

It is only 1 pm and it has already been a day.  But I know the first day is the hardest.  I feel like today is the first day all over again b/c it is my first day at home with the boys by myself.  I feel sort of like a robot.....get one up, get the other, feed one, feed the other, play with one, feed again, then feed the other again, etc.  You get the idea.  So in the midst of today, those were the thoughts going through my head and  I thought I would share.  Not to mention I experienced Baker's first all out, fall on the floor, can't calm himself down, 30 minute, fit.  All because his cheese toast was not ready.  I think I can safely say he is having a little trouble adjusting too.  And to top it all off, Josh comes home for lunch to tell me he is playing softball tonight.  He must not want to stay married to me. =)

Everything really is going well!  Caleb is a fabulous baby.  He could eat a little better, but he actually sleeps at night.  Baker didn't, so it has been a real blessing.  He is starting to spit up, but we pray it won't be as bad as Baker was.  If anyone knew us well, he filled up an entire burp cloth with one spit up.  It was so sad....no one wanted to hold him.  And we constantly smelled like sour milk.  Yum!  We made the trip to Columbia for Easter.  It was nice to be home b/c I hadn't been in months.  These were a few quick shots we got and wanted to share.  Caleb will be two weeks tomorrow and Baker is 19 months.  It definitely has been an interesting couple of weeks.  I am not sure if it ever is easy, but I am realizing how perfect the name of our blog really is for us.  We are warriors.....fighting through the hard moments so we can truly enjoy God's blessings.  And my family is such a blessing to me!


2 comments:

  1. Oh I can sooo relate to so much of what you said. Let me encourage you that Annie went through a few weeks of adjustment and she was 3 when Hope was born! She seemed like a different child some days. It was rough some days but she pulled out quickly and so well. She is an amazing big sister and I know Baker will be a great big brother too! I am so excited for you all and new baby boy, Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't know me. I noticed your blog on Kevin and Ginny Moores blog. I occasionally get bored and like to read the other blogs. I have 2 kids also, Kendall is 4 and Addison is 15 months. I went through the same struggles you are going through now. I just wanted to give you a little support and let you know it all gets better with time. The best advice I can offer is take things one day at a time and try to find a little time for yourself. After having my first daughter I felt like I had this mommy thing down. Boy! was I wrong! It is and was the hardest and most rewarding thing I've ever done. Two children are such a blessing and I love watching them play together now. Good Luck and know your not alone!!

    ReplyDelete