Thursday, April 2, 2009

Caleb Burton Watson is here!!!

Caleb Burton Watson
8 lbs. 4 oz
21 inches long

Well.....the waiting is over!  I couldn't believe it when my water broke at about 2:45 am Tuesday morning.  In fact, I wasn't sure for about 10 minutes if that was really it....Josh even fell back asleep.  Soon enough....there was no question.  Luckily Baker was spending a few days at his grandparents so we did not have to have the extra panic of what to do with him at the moment.  I do remember having to say to myself, "Okay Laura, calm down, b/c Josh is freaking out and one of us has to be calm."  Long story short, We made it to the hospital by about 3:15 am...I was dilated to a 7/8 and having contractions every 3 minutes.....my nurse was fabulous and on the ball.  She made sure I got my epidural and we worked hard to deliver by 7 am so that Dr. McGowan could be the one to deliver me (who was not my doctor but one I really liked).  And he arrived, on his own.....2 weeks early at 6:32 am, a whopping 1 lb 1/2 more than Baker was!  We are all doing well, very tired, and Baker is adjusting!  

We finally picked his name.  We had a few choices but decided we would look at him first before we made the official decision.  I really like his name because it really means something to me.  His middle name, Burton, goes down 5 generations in my family...Caleb making the 6th.  My brother's name is Burton and we just didn't know if we could call him that seriously otherwise it would have been his first name.  And Caleb was NEVER in the running of names until I started reading my bible one day about Joshua.  Without going into too much detail, I read about a "warrior" Caleb, who encouraged and stood beside Joshua going into the promised land as a spy, and then being the only two to stand up in faith for the Lord when all else were ready to stone them.  Scripture quotes that Caleb was a "servant of the Lord, having a different spirit, and he served the Lord whole-heartedly."  We have our "Joshua" Baker, now we have our "Caleb".  My prayer is that the two always encourage each other and stand strong in their faith for the Lord.....even when all else turn away.

Can you tell which one is which?

Baker is on the left, Caleb is on the right!  Will they look alike?  Time will tell!

5 comments:

  1. Wahoo!!! Congrats yall. I cant believe you posted on the blog so soon. I was literally just wondering the other day if you had had your baby. He's so precious. I love the hair...and Laura, your hair looks super cute too. We'll have to make a trip to the Boro to meet him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I was just checking in on the blog and to my surprise he is here!!! Congratulations and we are so glad he is finally here and healthy and that you are doing well. Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see pics....he is BEAUTIFUL!!!! thankfully like his mommy...sorry Josh! I don't think they look that much alike...but dang, yall do make some pretty babies!! I can't wait to hold him! Congrats you guys...we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats!!!!! kevin and i are thrilled for you guys! we can't wait to meet precious caleb in a couple months on our next trip home! thanks for posting pictures so soon, what a treat, he's beautiful!!!!! and i think he does look a lot like baker! love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Karen...you can definately tell them apart. I see a little more of you in Caleb. I'm really so excited for ya'll, and I loved hearing his name sake stuff. Hope to chat with you soon!

    ReplyDelete