Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm growing!!!


It has felt like decades since my last post.  I was definitely in a different place.....although I still have those daily thoughts.  Showers come every now and then and I still wonder when I will ever sleep again....but it is getting better.  It is hard to believe that Caleb is almost one month old.  It is going by so quickly....and yet, so slowly!  I can honestly say that I was scared to death the first day that I had both my boys by myself, but we made it.  We are still making it.  Each day gets a little easier, and being able to get out of the house....if only for a walk....makes each day a little brighter.  We  are definitely still working out the kinks of scheduling.  I was a nazi about getting Baker on a schedule first thing....even waking him up in the middle of the night to feed...and he did horrible!  I really think I made him a high maintenance child.  Caleb is on an every 3 hour schedule during the day and I let him wake up on his own at night (you learn with the second!!!).  Of course he is still not doing very long stretches between feedings and it is killing me......but I hope one day soon that will change.  He has, unfortunately, started spitting up and having a fussy time at night before his last feeding.  But otherwise, he is still a pretty chilled baby.  Thankfully he goes with the flow and isn't too affected by Baker's occasional swats and screams at him.  Baker is doing better too.  I think he is figuring out that Caleb is not going anywhere.  You can see below that he loves Caleb's sock monkeys.  He looks drunk in the first one, but I had to capture him "patting/loving" on the monkey......after he beat it.  I am loving watching Regis and Kelly in the mornings....in small spurts.  The other morning Jennifer Lopez was on talking about her twins.  Kelly asked if she could tell a difference between the boy and the girl.  Jennifer said the girl is so particular about things, takes her time and investigates things.  She said the boy runs around everywhere and eats everything all the time.  It really made me laugh!  I don't have a girl, but she hit the nail on the head when it comes to having a boy!  We couldn't live without them!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with ya girl on the lack of sleep thing! I'm feeling your pain! Hope you're doing well and I can't wait to meet Caleb when we're in town in June! You have beautiful little boys!!!

    ReplyDelete