Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Flawed and Fabulous"

I found this picture and thought that it was a great prediction of what will most likely happen to Caleb when he begins playing with Baker!
I read an article yesterday titled "Flawed and Fabulous Moms."  Reading it was like a breath of fresh air......it gave me the freedom to be human and the encouragement that all moms, although flawed, are still fabulous in their own way.  A friend once told me that she felt like when you become a new mom they shoot you with some guilt serum before you leave the hospital.  I couldn't relate more.  Today's plate of guilt would include feeding Baker Sonic for lunch, snapping at him for "screaming" in the car, spanking him for hitting his brother, taking a long overdue phone call and letting him watch tv in his high chair....and it is only nap time.  It saddens me when my list of "guilts" sometimes outweighs the praises.  But then I remember....I am human, I am flawed.....and I remind myself that I have hugged him, I have kissed him, danced with him, laughed, practiced our letters and colors, fed him, and kept him safe and clean.  And I remember that that is why God gave me the gift of my children....to love them in the best way I know how and still be fabulous while doing so! 

2 comments:

  1. You're a FABULOUS Mom and I can also indentify with all that you said in this post. I can't wait to see you this weekend, hopefully! Will you be at church? Maybe we can grab something to eat after church if you all don't already have plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Ginny's comment!! Enough said!:)

    ReplyDelete