Friday, July 31, 2009

Our Gator Fans...

I love to laugh at Mommy!
4 months old today!
Gators are # 1!!!

It is hard to believe that Caleb is already four months old.  He did wonderfully at his check up today, weighing in at a whopping 16 lbs. 8 oz.  He dropped from the 90th percentile to the 80th.  Still a big boy.  He is such a happy baby, only crying when he is hungry or tired.  It has been a refreshing change from how Baker was as a baby.  Baker does not love Caleb too much right now.....just ask him, he will tell you.  However, he is slowly warming up to him.  He does kiss him goodnight now and actually says that he is sorry after he comes up and hits him.  Baker is FULL of himself.  We are definitely seeing the beginnings of the "Terrible 2's" when he does not get what he wants.  However, we are working on our manners and he does pretty well using them....after he screams at me and I give him "the look".  He knows all his colors and is learning his letters.  He can tell you A, I, O, U (we lost the E...oops), Y, L, D, B, V, G, J, S, N....random I know, but he gets to pick one letter out a day to put on the fridge.  He can also tell you (among the common animal sounds) what a peacock and a donkey says, which makes me laugh because only a child whose grandparents live on a farm would know that.  I have definitely struggled with finding a lot of time for me during the day, especially for reading.  So one thing I have tried to start doing is read a small portion of the bible aloud while we are eating breakfast in the mornings.  We have only done it for a week, but Baker seems to enjoy it.  I hope this is something that will become a tradition in our household b/c it definitely gets our day off to a good start!  All in all....Life is good!  We are still learning to be a family of 4 and learning how to do that well.  With each challenge we face, we find joy in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment