Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Fun




We spent Easter Sunday like we do every year visiting Papa's church. I love the quaintness of it. I love that it feels like I go home to family with each visit. I love sitting on the same pew with Teck since....well, pretty much always. =) I love the rock wall that separates it from the road. And I love that my uncle Greg has filled the roll that Papa left behind. But Papa was definitely missed this year. I guess I was in reminisce mode as I thought over my entire life of growing up and coming to this small church tucked away on a country road. I closed my eyes and pictured him standing there as he always did.....and was thankful. Thankful for this legacy left behind, thankful to have this place to come home to, thankful that his spirit will always be alive there, and SO THANKFUL for Jesus, his RISING and SAVING, so that we can all be together again one day. Happy Easter!
The boys with their "Dee"
We love our Easter baskets!
Silly boys.....yes, this was Baker's idea, and Caleb naturally follows!
The boys with their great grandmother "Teck"
Trying to take their great uncle Greg down!

No comments:

Post a Comment