Monday, August 22, 2011

Twins

For all intensive purposes, I can pretty much say that God blessed me with twin boys.  Baker and Caleb definitely do not fit the "big brother, little brother" mold.  They play together, are the same size, wear the same clothes, like the same things, have very similar personalities.  I would even go as far as to saying they are about as smart as one other.....Caleb maybe a little advanced, Baker maybe a little behind.....lol, jk.....or maybe they just want to stick to that mold of doing everything together.  I get asked at least once a week if they are twins.  One time, after giving my usual smile/giggle response of, "No, they are actually 18 months a part, they are just the same size," someone actually thought Caleb was the older one.

As a mom of two boys so close, I really think I can imagine what twins would be like.  I feed them at the same time, give them naps at the same time, put them to bed at the same time.  I have to get both kids into a double stroller or cart, hold both sets of hands, strap both down in car seats, have doctor apts scheduled at the same time........and today......we got to experience going to the dentist for the first time.....together!

The joke is that I actually believed I was going to be able to take their picture.  Everything is always double the fun when it involves all three of us.  Two boys not wanting to lay down, two not wanting to open their mouth, two boys crying......thus leading to.....one boy laying down, Mommy consoling at his side, other boy running wild around the room/chair.  (This is about the time where I stick a sucker or treat in their mouth....not sure the dentist would have approved of my survival technique!)  Needless to say both boys were a little scared, but we finally made it through successfully (Mommy only slightly scathed).  They even got their own balloon animal to take home!

Can you imagine what actual doctor apts are like.....sheesh! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment