Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Doctor Appointment...

We had another doctor appointment today, and it went as well as it could have.  I am going weekly now for visits and ultrasounds.  The ultrasound showed a slight bit of effacement since last week, but very minimal.  So minimal that my doctor said to continue with "modified" bed rest.  However, she did prepare me for all factors.  If I come in next week and there has been a lot more change than I will have to go to complete bed rest, which means I will have to find someone to look after Baker during the day.  And if there is significant effacement than I could be put in the hospital.  We did, however, do a test that tells with 95% accuracy if you will go into labor in the next two weeks, and it came back negative.  So that is a blessing!  I feel encouraged by the visit, and am so very, very blessed to have the doctor that I do.  She is amazing, comforting, and so knowledgeable!  She is so thorough that I feel like she has kept me from worrying through this.  I did ask her more specifics about the baby if he were to come early, and obviously, his lung development is the biggest risk factor.  She does feel confident though of the neonatal unit at MTMC, saying that it has everything that Vanderbilt has (well...at least for not severely premature babies) as well as a specialized doctor for premie babies.  So, specific prayer requests.....(1) that baby Watson will hold out a little longer and his lungs will grow strong and fast, (2) that I will be able to stay off my feet more, (3) that Baker will get through his "funk" and allow me to stay off my feet, and (4) prayers of thanksgiving for all my family and friends that are going above and beyond to serve us.  We are so very thankful for all of you!  

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news on the test...we'll keep praying! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete