Friday, February 20, 2009

Boys will be boys....and I'm having another one!

I think I am funny holding my cup with my mouth and walking around where I can't see.
"I can do it myself!!!"
"Hello......Hello"  (so serious)
"Mom, look what I found to hold my dinosaur."

Seriously.....something just about every day blows my mind with Baker.  He is such a typical boy.  He loves to be center of attention and show out when anyone comes over (once he warms up of course).  In the pic with the cup, he cracks himself up all the time that he can do that.  He refuses to let mommy help him eat anymore.  He jerks that spoon out of my hand and holds it with a death grip.  He also loves using mommy's fork...not his baby fork.  It is funny b/c I seem to just give it to him, but Josh always goes, "Laura, I would feel better if you would not do that.  He is going to poke his eye out."  It is funny what doesn't bother me that bothers daddy!  I feel like Baker is so independent, however, I need to remember he is not, especially with eating.  We had a bad choking the other day on a strawberry that almost made mommy hysterical!  Boys like to eat...and eat too quickly!  Small, small bites from now on!  The picture with the phone is priceless.  I know all kids figure that out eventually, but it amazes me how we are drawn to technology!  I mean, I have tried to give him play phones that make noise, old phones that don't work anymore but look real.....Baker won't have it.  If it doesn't work and it is not real, he doesn't want it.  But he always has such a serious face when pretending to say hello.....like he is really concentrating.  It cracks me up!  And the blender picture.....let me just say that I walked into the kitchen and he had literally pulled that out on his own and put his dinosaur in it.  It was hilarious.  He thought so too!  Boys are just something else!  All calmness goes out the window for sure!

Doctor Apt......we had another great visit this week.  No change from last week, so baby boy is holding on.  I am 33 weeks tomorrow so pray for at least 2 more!  We are getting closer to getting things done.....the nursery is envisioned, my things to buy list is made, bassinet is in the room, clothes are washed.....so maybe, just maybe we will have a name to share soon!  It is the easiest for us to put on the backburner since we have such a hard time deciding!  We will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment